Saturday, March 03, 2007

February summary

As you can see I have done quite a bit of reading this month. I have also added some crafts I have been working on, not too many though since I am working on the much bigger project of finishing a wooden dining room set my mother got a Christmas. Needless to say it is a massive job. My quilt I mentioned in an earlier post has come home to me and looks great! I already have another one from my AmeriCorps days ready to send off. Anyway here is the last book from February.

Midnight For Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo

It would be very hard to not draw the connections between the plot of this book and Harry Potter. However it was an ok book. Charlie Bone lives with some members of his family and discovers he has a special ability to hear what people are saying when he looks at a picture. He is then sent off to a special school for those endowed like him. A mysterious plot is soon uncovered and Charlie along with his two friends end up solving the problems and saving the day. There are several other books in this series, but I have not gotten to them yet and they are fairly low on my priority list.

No comments: