Saturday, November 10, 2007

Monterey, IL2007


Last week I traveled to Monterey California for the Internet Librarian 2007 Conference. I have to say this was one of the best conferences I have been to. Day we arrived was beautiful and sunny but Monday it was cloudy and cold. At lunch I walked down to the Wharf and had a bowl of delicious clam chowder in a fresh sourdough bowl, yummy!




On Tuesday I visited Cannery Row, just a short walk down from where we stayed near Fisherman's Wharf, it was beautiful outside.




Don't worry though I actually did go to the conference! There were lots of great presentations about integrating Library 2.0, gaming, Second Life and so much more. Some of my favorite sessions were on promoting your library online, website design and using a wiki for your staff intranet. Basically it was good to be around a bunch of people who have similar jobs to me and had a lot of great ideas. This is a conference I am ready to go back to next year!

No comments: