Monday, March 30, 2009

Garden - Planting the Seeds

The next step in my garden attempt was to plant some seeds. Last Wednesday Mike took Katie for a little while and so I planted some seeds.

My supplies are some craft sticks, a marker, peat pots, soil and of course seeds. I took a lid from a damaged tote box to hold everything.



I put soil in the pots, planted the seeds and then wrote the name of what was planted on the stick.



Soon I had a lot planted.





I decided to use the smaller pots for the herbs.



Now the one thing I would change would be to use a permanent marker or some other way to label the pots, my felt pen comes off when the sticks get wet. However the good news is that this morning when I went out to water the plants this morning I saw some green!



Its hard to see in the picture but the spinach, lettuce, parsnips and beets have all sprouted so far, very exciting!

No comments: