Saturday, June 27, 2009

Compost

I have been wanting to start a compost bin and thanks to a discount offered by Waste Management we were able to get a discounted bin. It took quite awhile to arrive but this last week when we got home we found the box sitting on out door step, of course some assembly was required. This is what I had when I took everything out of the box.


Of course I had my trusty assistant looking on, actually I think she was just trying to figure out what I was trying to do.


I assembled the compost bin and got it in the yard. Of course then I needed something to put in it and had to rake the yard and bring out the scrap bin from the kitchen. It is now started and hopefully soon I will have some compost!

1 comment:

The Food Librarian said...

Katie is soooo cute...watching mom assemble the compost bin! I'm sure that compost will make your soil sing.