Friday, June 24, 2011

Sent With Love Quilt

This past week I have been off work! Well actually I left my job with the County, my last day was a week ago. I have accepted a job at a Santa Clarita Library and have been working for about a month getting things ready for their opening from my home. So this last week I have been spending a few hours a day working from home, I start traveling to my new job Monday. So what all this means is that I have had time sew this week...during the day! I have of course been able to rest and relax too, its been nice to spend the days with Katie again.

This is a picture I have posted before. I started this quilt over a year ago but packed it up when I moved. I was determined to finish it and have been working on it between other projects. This is supposed to be for my bed but I think it came out a little bigger than I planned.


I selected the fabric for the red colors but it is way more hearts/pink that I would like, the fabric is Moda's Sent With Love. Here you can see a little over half of the top from when I was sewing the rows together.


The quilt is 90"x98". For the back I used tow rows I had left over and did a row of red fabric, a strip of squares, a pink/red print for the fabric line, a strip of squares and then pink, it is even larger than the quilt so I was not able to take pictures of it. I am sending the top, backing and batting to the longarm quilter I use, when it comes back I will do the binding. Here they are ready to be boxed.


I will post an update of how it comes out and my progress when it comes back.

2 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

This is super pretty Shannon. Love all the colors. You have such a good eye for mixing and matching all those colors!

Gwendolyn said...

Ok I'm obviously catching up on your blog--WOW that's great that you'll be at Santa Clarita, congratulations! This is a beautiful quilt, almost as beautiful as the one you made for Linnéa :)