Friday, January 20, 2012

Babies coming...

Two of my AmeriCorps *NCCC team members announced that they were pregnant a little while ago. First is Jodi who announced she was having a baby boy, he is due February 29. Next was Anna who is evening out the boy/girl ratio with a baby girl due three weeks later in March. 

What better reason to get busy sewing and make some baby quilts! I chose the Baby Lattice Quilt by Amy Smart through the Moda Bake Shop using Lily and Will and Lily & Will II. I did not take many in progress pictures but I was really happy with how they came out.

Before quilting:

After quilting and binding:

A closer look at the binding and the back fabric:

After quilting and binding:

Another look at the top:

A closer look at the binding and back fabric:

Hopefully these will keep the new babies comfortable and warm.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness - those are absolutely beautiful! I saw the Lily & Will lines last spring and I wanted to badly to get them and use them in a wonderful quilt. I may have to try to find them again.