Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cartwheels Quilt

My latest quilt was completed using Moda's fabric Charlevoix and the pattern Cartwheels Quilt. The piecing was not too difficult but this is the largest quilt I have made on my own. Here it is ready to be pinned. 


The back of the quilt is a cream color and has a stacked coin band running across it.


The binding is is red, here is a look at the back, binding and front of the completed quilt.


I liked this quilt because it looks like it is moving from a distance but up close  it is an alternating pattern of rectangles.


The quilt also has a border at the top and bottom of little squares which completes the quilt. Overall I am very happy with how it turned out.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Your quilts are much mor advanced than mine. I am working on 5 patchwork quilts for the grand kids for Christmas. I have some rectangles I have been cutting for the next quilt. Did you hand stitch your quilt?

Shannon said...

I have not tried hand stitching yet, so far I have been machine quilting them.