Sunday, July 15, 2012

Garden Progress

It has been awhile since I have posted about the garden. It is taking off a little slower this year but we have started to get zucchini, squash and tomatoes in the last week. Here is the view from my back door.



This year we were able to get some sunflowers to grow, they are in the row closest to the house.


This row also has kale, various melons, tomatoes, tomatillo and probably a few other things. I saw about three cantaloupe in there today.


The next row has peppers and eggplant.


The third row has a watermelon and tomato plants, also another one that I am not sure of the identity.


The final two rows can best be described as a tomato forest.


On the other side of the yard things have gone crazy. This area has corn, pumpkins, zucchini, crookneck squash and a few other things.


Here is a little closer look.


The coming weeks I anticipate the amount of food coming from the garden to vastly increase.

No comments: