Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Christmas Crafting

We have been getting into the Christmas Spirit, lacking a sewing machine has forced us to move to other types of projects.

One ornament project was ribbon lollipops. These came from OTC craft kits and came in three colors. They involved rolling felt and ribbon in a spiral for the top part.


My Mom has been working with Katie on decorating pine cones she collected from her yard. They have while snow (paint) and glitter


A kit I purchased at Jo-Anns made these ball ornaments that Katie decorated.




In a craft book I found a Borax Snowflake idea. I had borax and just needed to get pipe cleaners. They form over night and we have made several rounds of them. Here is one of the first ones.


After looking at some of the many ideas online I got a little more creative with the design and we also added food coloring to give them a slight blue tint.


Finally, I completed this felt wreath. It is made from a variety of shades of green felt squares. The squares are folded and cut then strung on a heavy wire. Next I put together the felt flowers and glued them along with some decorative buttons and now have a completed wreath.


No comments: