Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Backback for my Mom

On a recent visit my Mom looked through my new sewing books and found a backpack she liked so I asked her to pick some fabric and I would give it a try. For a few weeks now I have been working on cutting up the scrap fabric I got from my Mom into squares but decided today to take a break and make the backpack. First thing after cutting the three pieces needed was to make the straps.


Next comes the pocket hem followed by attaching the pocket to the main backpack.


After that I just sewed up the sides, made the top casing, put the straps in then sewed the straps into the bottom of the backpack.


Here is a closeup so you can see the fabric pattern a little better.


This was a simple and quick project, the only part I don't like about it is the edges of the casing are not finished so as the strap moves though you can see the raw edge and possibly this could come apart with a lot of use, I am going to need to think for awhile to find a way to fix it.

No comments: