Friday, May 16, 2008

Second Pouch

My coworkers birthday was this last week and I wanted to make one of these bags as a gift. After the failure of the first attempt I felt a little more confident in this one. Here are the components.


First I made a hem and attached the zipper, my new zipper foot is working great.


Next is to sew the lining together, you may recognize this fabric from the lining of the red purse.


Next the outside is sewn together around the edges and turned inside out, the lining goes over it. Here is where I messed up before. The lining needs to be hand stitched into place, I decided to pin the lining where I wanted it, on the first attempt I sewed the lining too high and the zipper could no longer function.


The finished product from the outside.

A glimpse of the lining on the inside. Overall I think it came out really good and I now have a stack of cut fabric and zippers to get started on some Christmas presents!

No comments: