Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finishing up the blankets

I finally got fabric for the back of the Moda Squares. I chose purple for the girl and white with blue polka dots for the boy blanket. I started by laying out the cotton batting, then the flannel and the squares.


These layers are pinned and cut to the size of the blanket top.


Next you sew around the edge, leaving an opening to turn it right side out, it looks something like this.


I then iron it out and sew around the edge which closes the opening left to turn it. Then on the seams that I want to sew I pinned the rows down to make sewing easier and hold the fabric in place.


Here is the finished product.

And the girl blanket.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are SO cute! Wish I knew how to sew! I am so excited for you! You will be a GREAT Mommy :o)!

~Sharia