Monday, September 01, 2008

A Ball

I found a pattern to make fabric patchwork balls on a blog (I have lost the link, but if I find it I will add it). They gave patterns for three sizes and instructions. Here are the three pattern sizes.



I traced the patterns on various pieces of scrap fabric I have bagged up so some prints may look familiar.



Next I cut out eight pieces for each size ball.



The pieces are pinned and sewn in sets of two.



The sets of two are joined to make sets of four.



The four are joined to make a ball. A small one inch opening is left to turn the ball and stuff it. The opening is hand sewn shut.



I chose to stuff the ball with the small scraps of fabric from all my recent projects. It is a heavy ball but it rolls well. This is the large size, next I will sew the medium and small.

No comments: