Monday, September 08, 2008

Black Apple Dolls

Inside a Black Apple is one of my favorite online shops and blogs. Not too long ago she went on Martha Stewart and made one of her dolls, the pattern and instructions are available here. I really wanted to make some dolls and these seemed like something I could handle.

The first step is to cut out all of the doll parts.





Next the front of the hair is sewn to the face.





The face is then sewn to the front of the body. The face can be painted or sewn on, I decided to sew since I lack much creativity. Here I have started trying to draw faces out.



The back of the hair is then sewn to the back of the body.



The arms and legs are then sewn, turned and stuffed. I made the legs white thinking it would look like tights but the just look really pale.



Here I have stitched the faces, my Mom voted for open eyes.



The limbs and bodies are layered together and sewn all the way around, when you turn it right side out you have a doll.





The dolls are stuffed then the opening is sewn shut, the result...some long legged dolls!

No comments: