Saturday, November 24, 2012

Halloween

When asked what she wanted to be for Halloween many months ago Katie was not sure. We headed to the store to take a look at patterns. Katie finally selected a pink fairy costume from McCalls. I purchased the pattern and materials and began construction. Katie was very adamant that she was a fairy, not a princess because she had wings and a wand. 

My Mom did primary construction on the actual costume, my brother worked on the wings and I made the wand. I almost purchased a wand but then saw one and thought "I can make that". I purchased tulle, a dowel, ribbon and a set of small flower decorations. I began by cutting strips of tulle, we sewed a seam then gathered it to make a circle. Two of these sewn and hot glued then adding the flower decoration resulted in this:


I made two of these so the want could be double sided. Next we cut the dowel and wrapped it with wide ribbon. I then tied and glued ribbon streamers to the top and attached the tulle circles.


Here is Katie with the finished product.


The costume was a lot of work but the results were worth it. She wanted pink and sparkly and that is what she got.





No comments: