Sunday, August 04, 2013

Katie's Jelly Roll Race Quilt

When I was making the previously posted Halloween Quilt I was also working on a quilt for Katie that was supposed to be a Christmas gift but was a little late. I used fabric from Moda's Meadow Friends by Deb Strain. The method was the same as the previous quilt.


I used white fabric to frame it and the pink firefly print for the binding.


The new technique I tried was in the quilting. All my previous quilts I used a stipple pattern. For this quilt I used pink thread and did a swirl pattern. It took more thread but I really like the results.


For the back of the quilt I used a combination of a print from the fabric line and a pink. 



If you use Google for your photos have you seen that they create gifs from your photos? I took several of Katie posing on her quilt and this was the result.


No comments: