Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Big Blanket

My Mom recently found a bunch of fabric squares and gave them to me. I decided to try and make a blanket out of them, a large blanket that would go over the bed or might work for something to take to the beach that the three of us could fit comfortably on. I have been slowly working on sewing the squares together for the top off and on for awhile. Since I am now on maternity leave I figured I should get the blanket finished up before our little girl arrives. Here is a look at the top of the quilt.



And here is it folded over so you can see the back.



The color for the back is based on the fabric I had here at home that was a large enough piece to cover the back. Its not the prettiest quilt but it came out good. The one thing I had not anticipated was my frustration with trying to get it put together with my limited mobility, at this point I am just glad its finished. In this not so great picture you can get an idea of the size.



I have been working on a few other small items, but they are for Christmas so of course I cant show them plus I think I forgot to take pictures before wrapping them up.

No comments: