Friday, December 19, 2008

Marble Bark

I found this recipe in a magazine many years ago, cut it out and make it just about every year. It is very simple and only has three ingredients 6oz of white chocolate, 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate and 1 cup of coconut.

To start the coconut gets toasted in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. The coconut needs to be stirred around every minute or two to keep it from burning. It should turn to a golden brown color.



The chocolate is then melted in the microwave. This year I used chocolate chips but you can also use the squares of baking chocolate.



When the chocolate starts melting you need to do a lot of stirring and make sure not to burn the chocolates.



Next divide the coconut putting half in the white chocolate and half in the semi-sweet chocolate.



On a wax paper lined cookie sheet spread out one of the chocolates in a sort of random pattern.



Then fill in the spaces with the other chocolate, I try to smooth or flatten it out as I go.



To marble the candy run a knife through in each direction.



I then put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator over night to let it solidify, this morning I broke the bark up into bite size pieces and put it back in the refrigerator till I am ready to wrap it up to give out.

1 comment:

The Food Librarian said...

Yummy! I'm sure your girl will like them too! Is she coming on Monday??!?!?