Thursday, August 11, 2011

Canning Part II

The canning has continued around here. So lets take a look and catch up on what has been made.


These are Sweet Spiced Zucchini Pickles. I have not tried them yet but they are supposed to taste like spiced apples.


Next up is peach jam. I attempted making this last year but the peaches were wrong so it did not turn out. This year however it came out great. This recipe came from Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving.



Also from peaches is Peach Chutney from The Complete Book of Pickles. I am excited to try this out, it smells and looks awesome.


To use massive amounts of tomatoes we have made this Tomato Basil Simmer Sauce for the past two weekends in an attempt to wipe out the piles of tomatoes on my counters.


These slimy slug looking things are eggplant pickles. They actually do not taste that bad! The recipe came from Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving.


 And finally we have Southwest Salsa. I am still working on getting a salsa I really like. This one took six jalapenos so I really thought it would be spicy but it was mild. This one came from The Complete Book of Year-Round Small-Batch Preserving.

No comments: