Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fair Time

Last weekend we all went to the Antelope Valley Fair. I had entered a quilt and we also entered Zucchini Relish and two types of squash pickles. Although my humble quilt did not win anything we won a 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention for the canned goods. 

Katie was mostly looking forward to seeing animals. I had planned on letting her ride the ponies but we never found them. However there were sheep that could be rode, I did not sign her up for that but we did look at them with Uncle's help


Katie also tried a taco.


And played in a corn box.


Katie was very excited about the cows and took a ton of pictures of them, I managed to get one of her.


She and papa played by the waterfall until they started getting wet.


Katie also liked the goats, they were more her size and now she tells papa she wants a goat.


It was great weather and overall a great day at the Fair!

1 comment:

The Food Librarian said...

Sounds like a fun day! Congrats on your wins for your canned goods. I give a blue ribbon for your apple butter! - mary