Monday, September 05, 2011

Labor Day Finish

I have been posting about this quilt as I went along, I think all together it took about a year and a half to finish, today I finally sewed the last stitch. I am  not sure what craziness overcame me when I decided to hand stitch all of the binding but I am glad I did, it came out looking good. I figured the easiest way to photograph it would be on a bed. 

Here is the finished top:


Some detail:


The binding is white with a pink print.


Here is a look at the back. I used a print from the Moda Sent with Love fabric line (the same fabric collection that is on the front) for the center, two extra rows of squares and some coordinating pink and red at the top and bottom.


Here you can see the quilting pattern I chose, I believe it is "Blown in the Wind", the quilting was done by The Quilt Studio.


The quilt is a little large for my bed but I really like it and I am really glad I finally finished it!

Note: I have now washed and dryed the quilt, it has shrunk a bit and no longer drags on the floor. Of course Katie needs to sleep under it tonight because "its so pretty".

2 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

So beautiful!!!!!

Gwendolyn said...

This is gorgeous!