Monday, August 27, 2012

Easy Strawberry Fields Bricks Quilt

This quilt is the quilt that took forever.I first began this quilt in September of last year. and finished it just in time to enter it in the fair this year. The quilt is called Easy Strawberry Fields Brick Quilt and is again based on a project from the Moda Bakeshop. I was really excited about the Strawberry Fields fabric line coming out and bought the fabric for this quilt first. I have made several other projects with it since.  It began with 10 inch squares, a layer cake of the print fabric.


These are cut in half making a brick.


A white square is attached to each brick then the bricks are sewn into rows. The rows are then attached together. The op of this quilt did not take too much time to create. My issue became that I was intimidated by machine quilting a quilt this size. The top sat for awhile and I ended up quilting a larger one in the meantime. I then decided to sandwich the quilt and baste it. I then had two baby quilts to get made with the deadline of births. So this quilt waited a little longer. I finally began quilting it and broke my free motion foot for my sewing machine. It took a few months to get a replacement but finally I was back to sewing in June. At one point I looked at my stitches and realized the tension was off and had to pull the stitches out of about half the quilt and redo it. Eventually I did finish it last month and quickly put the binding on and dropped it off at the AV Fair. Of course I did not take a picture of the completed quilt but did get one of it hanging.


I really like this quilt, the colors are warm and the pattern is simple but pleasing.

No comments: