Sunday, August 12, 2012

Painting

My quest to paint the interior took a longer break than I planned. However with taking a week of vacation at the end of July I decided I should dedicate one day to painting my bedroom, the next room on the list. I wanted a blue/grey color that would help make it a peaceful room. After researching paint and consulting Consumer Reports (now available online at my library!) and other reviews I decided to go with Behr Premium Plus Ultra. This paint included primer so I was interested if it would in fact go on in one coat. Choosing a color was a real challenge, eventually I went with Cubmerland Fog. Once I bought it I thought it was going to be too light, then when it went on the walls too dark, basically I kept going back and forth thinking I picked a totally wrong color. 

Here is a look at it first going on. You can see the contrast between the old color that is on the walls and the new.


A look at the larger wall. There are holes all over the house where over the years residents have added satellite services and there are a lot cables running along the outside of the house into random spots, I have been working on removing these. There were only a few spots to patch in this room.


Katie of course stripped down and got to work was well. 


I painted the base boards blue as well. The plan is to replace the floor with lamanite in the next few months, the base boards will also be replaced and be white. The trim in the room was left alone until this happens, then it will get a fresh coat. Here is a new wall and an old wall:



Al together the whole project was completed in one afternoon/evening. The paint really did only need one coat and covered the walls well, I am really satisfied with this paint.

Here is a sort of before and after:





No comments: