Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dentist Tales

The dentist, the dreaded dentist. Actually I never really dreaded them much, till recently. Last Tuesday I went to the dentist wit my shiny new insurance, I knew I needed some work that had been put off till I got my new coverage. So I showed up expecting a few fillings...and got a root canal! I had never had one and sure was not expecting the pain. So then I went back tonight to get those fillings...I got three fillings in two teeth. How does that happen you may ask. Well when they fill a tooth and the band around the tooth gets attached to the nice little filling and the dentist tries for awhile to pry the thing off (yes that is as uncomfortable as it sounds) and it wont come off they have to just drill out the new filling and start over. Oh the fun! Last week I was in the chair two and a half hours, tonight for one and a half hours and guess what...I get to go back next week for the final filling! So yeah I am beginning to understand those people who hate the dentist.

No comments: