Monday, January 21, 2008

No more "slick bomb"

I have my sewing machine out to work on my current big project and my husband recently asked me to sew some new patches on his uniform. You see the Secretary of Defense was planning a visit and they had to get things ready, including updating the uniforms. In December there was a huge test in which he had to convey his previous 4+ years of knowledge to a panel of navy people who asked a ton of questions. Months of studying paid off and he became a senior tech! Therefore on his "crab" he is no longer a slick bomb but he has a star on the bomb.

He also earned is parachute a few months back and that needed to added as well.


Talk about scary sewing...but all went well. His 3.5 minute talk on EOD stuff was shortened to 1.5 minutes but he met the guy (turns out he is pretty short) and he even got a coin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! congrats to your hubbie! and to you!

from the wife of a retired USMC master blaster ;D

Donella