Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Charming Handbag

I have recently gotten some new and exciting sewing books. One of those is this one. The author also has a blog here. There are many things I want to make out of this book but decided to try the Charming Handbag first. After many days of looking at fabric stores after work I picked some and got started.


There was a template in the back of the book so I began cutting out the lining, casing and outside fabric.


Next two layers are sewn together and a bit of fabric is put in for the handles on the lining.


Then the three layers are put together.


It beginning to look like something now...


Now with a handle in... a finished product


A view from the top


Thats all, it took two evenings to finish it and when I try it again I can correct a few things, overall it came out pretty nice I think.

No comments: