Saturday, March 29, 2008

Plethora of Fabric

Last weekend I went to my parents house for Easter weekend. My mom used to sew a lot when I was little and she has quite a sewing collection. We went through it and I acquired quite a bit of yardage.


There was also a few bags of scraps I collected, basically I took all the scraps we found. There were a bunch of squares that were already cut out, we don't know if they were from my grandmother or great grandmother but some of the fabric was definitely old. There are also some triangles and just lots of random scraps. Some of the scraps I recognized from clothes or Halloween costumes from as far back as I can remember. I hand washed most of it then needed to iron it all.


Check out this pattern...crazy.


Also among the haul was this neat pieced together square, I am thinking it might make a good pillow.


This piece is four squares that have pieces appliqued on them, not sure what I want to do with this one yet.


This is a strip of colorful smaller squares.


This is six squares in another pattern.


There there are these...


There is a small group of these, all hand sewn together.


They are very colorful, now I just need to figure out how to put them together, but I don't think I will be hand sewing them.

No comments: