Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lounge Pants

This weekends project was to make the Lounge Pants in Amy Butler's book In Stitches. There are the top of the two main pattern pieces in the book, then you need to use freezer paper to compete the pattern.


Once the pattern is done you can cut out the four main pieces then start sewing them together.


When the four are together you connect them.


Now they actually have the shape of pants, they need to have a drawstring top made with two button holes, so I drew them out.


Did you know I have a button hole foot for my sewing machine?? I sure didn't, I have never tried to make a button hole before and after consulting with my Mom and the manual for my machine I gave it a try...it worked! I can now officially make button holes.


Next it was time to hem the top and the two legs.


And add the trim to the bottom of the legs.


I made the drawstring and pulled it through the waist.


Here is the completed top.


The finished product which I then wore for the rest of the day, they are very comfortable and fit surprisingly well.

No comments: