Sunday, April 03, 2011

Baby Blanket

My friend and former coworker Gwendolyn is having a baby! When I was pregnant with Katie she was just three months behind me with her son Sinjin. We were just a few of the many pregnancies in a short period of time at LHQ. She announced late last year that she was pregnant with another one and after seeing her at my housewarming party I knew she was going to have a girl and started looking for a girl looking quilt and fabric. A short while later she confirmed that it was going to be a girl.

I made this quilt along with the Stacked Coin Quilt Doing each step on that one first) and used the same techniques. The pattern I selected was from the Moda Bake Shop Baby Blanket. I really liked the colors used so I went with the Aviary line, I did change the pattern of fabric used for the binding and backing. Here is part of the completed top.


And here is the completed quilt. Those are Katie's feet there on the side.


Here is a look at the completed binding along the edge.



Here is a look at the back and corner of the front.


I am really happy with how it came out.

3 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

So so so lovely!!!

Susan Broman said...

That is so pretty! I love it. How long did it take?

Shannon said...

I think I started sewing in january but then I was working in this one and the stacked coin quilt at the same time.