Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grapes, Strawberries and More

The strawberry plants I put in around the roses have started showing up. I think there are four plats that have survived so far. The ones I planted in the other planter I fear are a lost cause since it rained right after they were plated and the planter flooded. These little strawberry plants are pushing through.


The roses above them are growing like crazy and are covered in buds.




This is the planter that the strawberries are not showing up. The flowers that I have planted seem to be doing well. This last weekend we planted a bunch of Cosmo seeds to help fill it in.


These are some Cosmos that we bought and planted along with some garden decorations. The gnome is a favorite of Katie's, he moves around a lot since she like to put him in different places.


In the backyard things are looking very green. The pomegranate tree is getting leaves so the pruning of last Fall must not have been too bad for it. 


The blackberry plants seem to not be doing anything, but I will give them a little while longer before I give up hope. The grapes are doing great and will soon need some form of a trellis to hold on to.

1 comment:

The Food Librarian said...

spring has totally sprung in your house!