Saturday, November 05, 2011

Car Diddy Bag

I finished another project! This time I decided to make the Car Diddy Bag from the Moda Bake Shop. I used Moda's Strawberry Fields fabric.

First I cut the 5" and 3" squares.


Next I matched them up and sewed them.


Once they were sewn each square was cut into four and mixed up.


I then sewed the triangles together. The squares were then sewn together in 3x3.


The next step was to make the strap using small squares. There was a gap in my sewing time with the construction of Katie's Halloween costume. Somehow most of the squares needed for the strap disappeared. So I used a 10" square and sort of made it up. It worked but I did not get any pictures. After that came the lining. This pattern called for laminated cotton which was a small challenge to find. I bought a yard of it but only needed two 11" squares.


The lining squares are sewn together and then attached to the bag, before you know it, its done!


Here it is in the car, ready for whatever Katie manages to put in it.

No comments: