Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Monterey

I recently went to a conference in Monterey. I went up a few days early and took Katie and my Mom with me. On the way up we stopped in San Simeon. First we ate lunch at Sebastian's, it was delicious.



Next, we went to Hearst Castle.


There were a lot of steps.


The buildings were beautiful and so were the gardens. 


The pool was also impressive, Katie wanted to get in but I convinced her we forgot her swimming suit.






The view of the ocean was great.


Afterwards we went to the beach, Katie kept busy with collecting shells and rocks.






The next day we stopped at a seal viewing area, there were a lot of them and Katie loved them.


We drove up Hwy 1 which was beautiful but took awhile, once in Monterey we went to the Aquarium. Katie liked the jelly fish and the shark.


The next day I went to an all day pre-conference and Katie and Grandma went to the beach.


Katie and Grandma went home the next day while I stayed for the conference. Everyone had a good time.

No comments: