Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween

In preparation for Halloween we had to carve/decorate some pumpkins.


We bought some potato head kits last year and used them this year.


First up was the pirate, we also had a Frankenstein one that I did not get a picture of.


Next we needed to empty some seeds out of pumpkins, Katie's reaction was "ewww" so I got the job.


Katie then started using another light up kit, this required a hammer and Katie really liked that.


Here is that finished pumpkin.


Next I had Katie draw a happy face on the pumpkin and Kevin cut it out, I think it was cute.


A few months ago my Mom and I took Katie to the fabric store to to pick a pattern for her costume. She debated between Alice in Wonderland and a Pirate. In the end the pirate won.



Grandma did most of the sewing. We had to buy white eyelet and dye it black since it was impossible to find black in the right size. It came out adorable.

Katie went to school and had a party, when I picked her up we went to my work potluck. One of my coworkers gave her a big spider which she tried to scare everyone with.


After a nap we visited Great Grandma, the Littlerock Library and then went to the Trunk or Treat. They had a bounce house which Katie got in early.


One of the other families brought a snake which Katie was very to get to hold.


Once everyone was set up Katie went Trick or Treating.


They also had a cake walk, Katie tried forever and did not win until very late. Even after she won she continued to walk around with everyone and jump on empty number.


Later she went back to the bounce house and eventually climbed the ladder and went down the slide, over and over and over again.


It was a long but very enjoyable day, I cant wait till next year!

No comments: