Saturday, March 19, 2011

Just One Star

Last week while reading the blogs I follow I saw an entry on p.s. i quilt for a program called Just One Star. It is a collaboration between Moda fabrics and the Semper Fi Fund with Quilts of Valor. They are asking for 1800 stars to make 100 quilts in 100 days. They provided a pattern and asked that the quilted star be red or blue with a light background. I went through my fabric stash and pulled a blue fabric with small white dots and a red print with small blue flowers. My Mom came over to help and Katie assisted by telling us which shapes were squares, triangles and rectangles. I cut enough fabric to make two of each star.


The color in the pictures look a little different, the blue stars have a white background and the red is a cream color.



I will be mailing these stars off and they will be made into quilts for wounded military members. Hopefully they will provide comfort and warmth.

No comments: