Thursday, March 03, 2011

Yard Prep

This Wednesday was my day off and the weather was not too cold so my brother, Katie and I went to work on the yard to get it ready for the garden. My camera stopped working so now I am taking pictures with my phone until it gets fixed. Here is the yard before we got started.





Katie got ready with her hat and gloves, ready to go to work with Olive's help.


Katie grabbed some branches from the pile.


And carried them off to the side yard.


Soon Katie got bored and went on to picking up rocks. This area of the yard is full of sand and gravel from the pool that used to be there. 


Once Katie was done with that she tried out a little raking.


When we were done it looked like this.


We are going to  have to remove most of the sand and try to get the gravel out next. To improve the soil I am going to be ordering a delivery of compost to till into the ground.

No comments: